About World Service Direct - 100 Days

For 100 days, follow the Lutheran World Federation's Department for World Service in five countries through the eyes of workers seconded by the Church of Sweden. Read more...

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Things take time...

Hi there,

Seems as if I'm the first one to take the step from micro blogging to macro blogging... I'm Samuel, and in Tweets from the field to the right I'm known as larssonsam. 

As you might have noticed from the tweets I'm one of the bloggers who haven't manage to get started yet. Hence, my first experience from this assignment is that of waiting. And the current bid is that I will have to wait another six month before I can settle down in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 

Why so? Well, visa applications take time, and in my case new Ethiopian legislation further confuses and delays that process. So I don't know when my work permit will come, but I know that LWFs and Church of Sweden’s people is working on the case day and night!

Anyway, in the mean time I'm happy to try to answer possible questions here in the blog. Or if we just can pass time here together chatting about big and small...

Bye for now,

Samuel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Samuel,
    I'm sure the waiting is frustrating. Are you able to do any work from afar, so to speak? Doing any special preparations - language, thematic etc - in this extended time before you're in-country?
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri,

    The plan is that I from April and over summer will do all the preparations. For example I'm planning a short trip to Addis in May.

    Until then I'm still on my old job and trying to focus mentally on the present. Which is tough!

    But of course I'm reading what I come over, and I soon have to start looking at the language and its difficult alfabet.

    /Samuel

    ReplyDelete